Tuesday, June 23, 2009

4th of July Table Runner


Back when I made the pumpkin table runner I thought of all these fabulous ideas for holiday table runners but haven made any more until now. Decorating for holidays is to fun with kids around, they love it! They talk all month about the upcoming holiday and the decorations. That makes me feel so good that they love the decorations as much as I do.


This table runner was pretty easy. I got the inspiration from this one (for sale in some catalouge). In this one the stars come unbuttoned from each other to be used as place mats. I thought that was a good idea but I did not like the way the stars laid, mine would not lay with all the points pointing out very well and if the kids knew they came unbuttoned I would be fixing it all day!


To create it I sewed 6 individual stars red and blue backed with white, I should have chosen a heavier fabric for the back or added interfacing to stiffen it. Then I overlapped the stars in a way I liked and sewed them together. Tada!




here is Jr saying "Mommy, take my picture!"

1 comment:

Clarissa B. said...

that is so pretty! I love it!